Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Night


I am tired right down to my toes.

After getting to bed a little later last night due to being at Paula's killing their iTunes, for some odd reason, I woke up at like 6:00 this morning (my alarm is set for 7:15).  I tried to go back to sleep, but after thirty minutes, I gave up and got up and showered.  Once I was dressed and downstairs, I started my coffee and fed the felines, then ran a vacuum cleaner. 

I went to work for my four hours and then met Paula and Dane at the YMCA for a workout.  Did plenty of weight training and walked a mile on the treadmill, then we went to lunch.  After leaving lunch, the real fun began:  The Cleaning of the Pit of Hell, aka JJ's room.

I started about 2:30 and didn't stop until 6:15, when I had to load up my car with the stuff of his that was going to the yard sale (stuff he no longer played with that was buried in the back of his closet).  But when I quit, I still wasn't done.  I had to quit to go to a meeting at church.  Before I left, I also took out THREE HUGE OUTDOOR BAGS full of trash from his closet and toy box.  The kid saves everything.

When I came home, around 8:30, I resumed the cleaning and now am in the home stretch; washing the sheets and comforters from both bunks as well as the load of clothing that was heaped in the back of the closet.  I am absolutely amazed by the sheer magnitude of cleaning that room.

And the fun continues tomorrow; gynecologist at 8:00am when it is that time of the month (sorry, TMI), then work, then back to the YMCA, then finishing the pit of hell cleaning.  Why on earth did I think I was going to relax this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment