Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another One Slipping Through My Fingers


Where do the weekends disappear to?

For anyone curious or considering WLS, please let me say, for the record, that what you hear about hair loss prior to surgery is true.  Thankfully, I have a very thick head of hair, as I am losing bunches in the shower every morning.  I'll condition my hair, and pull a hair covered hand away and this has been going on for about a month now.  It feels thinner to me, but again, it was so thick before that I am not too alarmed.  However, I've had to unclog the bathtub drain twice now.  As far as I know, there is nothing I can do to stop it but I hear it will stop on its own eventually and hopefully before I am bald.

Went to the YMCA today and I managed one more lap then I did last Sunday, so that is a plus.  I'd almost find it beneficial to take a refresher swimming class.  Not a beginner's class, mind you, but just one to improve on the skills I already know. I may have to see if they offer one, but chances are if they do, it will be at a time I cannot make it.  I want to pick up a class there, but am debating over what to take.  I'm not sure my ass or my "girly bits" as Meg says,  can yet endure a spinning class.  Yoga is also a possibility as are aerobics, both out of the water and in it.  I'm just not sure of what to do yet and need to check the schedule to see what is even within my time constraints.  I shall review the situation and report back.  In the meantime, feel free to throw in your two cents.

Hopefully, with the kids going back to school this week, I can back to some better quality blogging.  The summer has been hectic and often, like tonight, I find myself a half hour from bedtime and needing something, ANYTHING to write about.  Though earlier today, I had thoughts on a quality post, now time is no longer my friend tonight and there just isn't time. Forgive me, dear readers, but normalcy will ensue shortly!



No comments:

Post a Comment