Thursday, August 21, 2008

What Gives People the Right....


...to try to assassinate someone on their own blog? 

My blogger friend, Kim, had some woman jump all over her today on her blog because Kim made mention of a job offer with someone whose insurance plan included weight loss surgery.  Kim's hubby wants to have the surgery eventually, and as most of us don't have $30,000 just sitting around, they need it to be covered if he is going to have it. 

Apparently, Ms. Commenter has lost 100 pounds all by herself.  Well, bully for her.  Apparently, the solution is to just put down the fork.  Yeah. okay.  I've done that more times than I can count, sweetheart, and sure, I lost weight.  Lots of it.  All came back again over time and more.  Sweet cheeks, why don't you report back in a year and let's see how you're doing then.  Hey, I hope you keep it off, but the statistics aren't in your favor.

Yes, we all get it.  We all understand that some folks out there are totally against WLS.  Some people are against smoking.  Some are against alcohol.  But does being against something mean that the right to express an opinion about it on space we pay for should be taken away?  I think not.  If you want to disagree with me, do it in a polite, civilized way. thank you very much.  You can keep your snarky comments and opinions for your own blog. 

I don't get it.  I have been reading blogs for a LONG time now and NEVER have I come across as a rude bitch to any other blogger by expressing my opinion in a cruel and hateful way.  That takes a special kind of nerve I don't have, thank the LORD!  I am all about discussing anything with anyone, providing you are being respectful to me. 

But guess what? 

What works for one person, doesn't work for everyone.  Hmmmm.  Why is this?  Maybe because we are all different.  Maybe because we have different bodies and different triggers and different metabolisms and the list goes on and on.  Trust me, O opinionated harlot of the internets, I wish I could have lost weight without undergoing MAJOR SURGERY.  But something went wrong.  "Put the fork down" did not work for me.  This must make me a failure of a human being.  If I could have just stopped sitting on my ass on the sofa all day watching soap operas and stuffing bonbons in my face, this could have all been alleviated.

Yeah right.

Just for the record, I don't watch much television, I don't like soaps and I hate bonbons.  I do have two kids who keep me extremely busy, a part time job on top of the mother/house full time job (and my house is always clean because I clean it daily) am active in church and used to do lots of musical theater.  Before surgery, I would often skip breakfast and lunch many days, so that blows that "put the fork down" theory once more.

Did I eat wrong stuff?  Yeah, I did.  Being busy and forgetting to eat causes that sometimes.  I don't forget anymore however as surgery changed that for me.  I need to get in enough protein a day.  I love sweet stuff but surgery has changed that too.  I still love it, but more than a bite or two will probably make me barf and I prefer to avoid that.  And you know what?  If those things help me lose weight than so be it.

I am down 67 pounds and am working out several times a week and feel better than I have in my entire life.  And I guess if someone wants to begrudge me that, so be it.  I hope it makes you feel better, as after all, that is what is most important.



No comments:

Post a Comment