Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Solemnly Swear...


Today I got back on the eating right bandwagon.

But you know what?  It's kind of funny.  My eating habits the last two weeks, five months ago, I would not have classified them as "bad".  Instead of eating sugar-laden crap, I've eaten pretzels, and some chips and salsa.  Go figure.

Anyway, I was thinking today about what I needed to recommit myself to.  Not buying pretzels was one from yesterday, but I need to have reminders of others too.  So, Meg will be happy...bullet points!



  • Drinking more.  I am not always getting in my 64 ounces a day.

  • Protein, protein, protein.

  • To constantly challenge myself in my workouts; to do more, to do my cardio faster or steeper or longer.

  • To do some form of exercise 5 days a week.

  • To only weigh in once a week.  This daily nonsense has got to go.  It's making me crazy.

Surgery is not a cure all.  You still have to constantly work on your mind to do the right things and not fall back into old habits.  This is a TOOL.  I cannot stress that enough.  You have to work with your tool; it isn't going to do the work all by itself.

I wanted to say a special hello to reader, Susan!  She will having her WLS on November 11th, using the same facility (different doc) as The Brit and I did.  I didn't know Susan was here until last week when she came out of lurk-mode to say hello.  Susan, I hope you keep me up to date on your surgery, both before and after!

Also, I need to get new "AFter" photos taken.  I think I need to see them for my own peace of mind as well.  When the scale is moving slow, it is still moving, but sometimes a reminder of where I started out is just what I need.



No comments:

Post a Comment