Monday, August 4, 2008

I love my WLS friends!


I have had the worst hankering lately for cereal, despite the fact that I was never a big cereal eater before surgery.  But now and then, I would buy a box of Special K, Honey Nut Cheerios, or Golden Grahams, or on a PMS day, Lucky Charms and enjoy it until one of my kids discovered it and polished off the box. 

But since surgery, I have been steering clear of it, simply because I have been trying so hard to fit protein in everywhere.  But thanks to Meg, I had a yummy bowl of Special K Protein Plus with skim milk for lunch today and was in heaven!  I added a pack of Splenda as I like it with a touch of sweetness and I'm now sorry I didn't buy any bananas today because they would rock this cereal as well (though there are peaches in the fridge.  Yum).  A craving satisified in a good way!

I had to take my mother to the doctor's today because she is having dizzy spells.  Doc thinks she has vertigo and is sending her to have a neck ultrasound done and then next week wants her to see an ear, nose and throat doc.  He gave her some meds today that will hopefully take care of her dizziness, though it may make her sleepy.

So by the time I got to the grocery store today, it was already late and I had been on the go since 7:15.  So dinner tonight is salad with shrimp and veggies and corn on the cob, which my husband may be getting sick of, but the days of locally grown corn are nearly over for the summer and I plan on enjoying them to the fullest until they are over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment