Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust


I think that every other year, the weekends should be five days long and the work week two days long though we get paid the same amount.  Because, dang, where do those weekends go?  At least next weekend is a three dayer!

Nothing major today.  Church, my BFFF went back to school, we swam at the YMCA and went to dinner.  I mopped the kitchen floor and that pretty much brings you up to date.

My scale is still moving at a snail's pace and I wonder if it is because I have started working out with weights.  Maybe my body is just rearranging itself.  I know that it is not even close to rational to think what every other WLS patient has thought when hitting a dreaded and long plateau: "OMG, I am going to be the one person this surgery doesn't work for!"  I know in my heart, that is not the case.  I am simply stalled at the moment and the love affair I've been having with some carbs needs to be curbed.  They aren't "bad" carbs, but they are just full of nothing beneficial to me, such as chips and salsa and honey wheat twist pretzels and heaven knows, I can't eat but a few at a time (and those are actually my only two carb sins).  But they hold very little protein, so I need to not eat them (grrr).  I need to get my inner rockstar going again and start rocking the weight loss again.

Tomorrow will be busy.  Work, gym, vitamin store for calcium and then Walmart.  Then home and dinner and pass out.  The Brit and the eldest child are going to the gym in the evening for the parent/middle schooler gym time. 

Oh and guess what?  I think we will be going to London in 2012 for the Olympics!  How cool is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment