Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Extremely Busy Day


Today was the day that I thought was never going to end.  Started out with work, of course, and I didn't leave till 1:00 due to getting into a discussion with the pastor.  Once I left, I rode out to the new gym in town to see what they were all about and though it was a nice facility, it really wasn't what I was looking for. 

So, I headed home to collect the kids as we needed to stop over at Aaron's school to get his school supply list.  Once that was done, it was to his meds doctor's office, but we got there early, so as JJ had a coupon for a free smoothie, we stopped in the convenience store so he could get it, and I bought Aaron and I drinks.  Then to the doctor.  After leaving there, on a whim, I stopped in the used furniture store to try to find Aaron a bookshelf and desk (the boys shared a room until after the first of the year, and we had not gotten around to getting these things for his room. He had a small desk, but it was time for something bigger).  Found both, paid for them and loaded them into the Highlander.  Stopped at the pharmacist to drop off Aaron's prescription and then came home.  We disassembled the old desk and carted it down to the basement, then the three of us unloaded the new stuff and got it upstairs and cleaned.  We searched for Aaron's books and got them on the shelf.

Then it was time for the boys to round up the tools we would need that evening to set up the security camera at the church.  Once that was done we had exactly 15 minutes to chill out before it was out the door to meet The Brit for dinner.  Had dinner and hurried to the YMCA to get a family membership (YAY us!), then to the church to meet Dane who would be helping hook up the system.  While the guys did that, I went back to the yard sale room to help Sandy and Ronnie sticker and price items until Dane needed me to drive home so he could drop off the curio cabinet I had bought.  I got home first in time to move the corner table so the new cabinet could go there.  Once Dane left, *pant, pant* JJ and I cleaned up the new cabinet and placed the glass shelves back inside.

I don't even have the energy tonight to put anything in it.  Tomorrow is another day, Scarlet.



No comments:

Post a Comment