Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bartender, a Double Shot of Zoloft, Please!


I am ready for summer to be over, at least as far as the kids being out of school goes.  They are bored and bickering with each other and I came home to find the skin from grapes on my living room walls.  Nice.  I am also PMSing, I think.  Yeah, just did the math...due in a couple of days.  The bitch is in the house.  I think I need a second zoloft.

As much as I hate cold weather, I am just ready for everyone to have their respective schedules back, including me.  I'm looking forward to getting to the Y to work out and to getting my house fall cleaned.  There is just no sense in doing this until the kids are back in school and not as available to...well, make a mess (see grape skins on the wall)!  They are often just insane, especially this late in the summer.  Summer is good and they need the break from school, but it's just too much at one time.  If they divided it up, like a month in the summer, a month at Christmas and a month at Easter, not only would there not be as much time for them to be bored and parents to be insane, but families could travel at different times of the year when flight prices would be a little cheaper and not have to fight taking their own children out of school. Sign me up!  I'm all for it!

I have to go to a viewing tonight as a member of our church, who had been battling cancer, died this week.  He was only 64.  He used to razz me about keeping my hands in my pockets when I was up front singing even though I had explained to him that my hands were cold and that was the reason why.  He would even make the motion of having his hands in his pockets, from the back row where he sat, when I was singing during the service.  I'd try to make a point of taking my hands out of my pockets just to play along. 

I'll think of Charlie every time my hands are cold now and I'm trying to keep them warm in church.

Oh!  Guess what??  This morning, I tried on a size 18-20 top and it FIT! It fit nicely!  I didn't wear it because it is red and I don't wear dark colors much during the summer.  Maybe by fall it will be too big.  Wouldn't that be a catastrophe?



No comments:

Post a Comment