Saturday, June 13, 2009

BBQ Saturday



Blue skies.

Warm temperatures.

Clothes drying on the line.

Cousins up for the day.

Lamb, burgers and bangers on the barbie.

That was today.  Early tomorrow morning we head to London for two days.

I had my first burst of home sickness today.  I love it here.  Love spending time with dad, Gina, Gareth, Gail, Ade and the rest of the British family.

But...

I miss my cats.

I miss my friends.

I am longing to work in my garden and to put up a clothes line.

I want to return to eating right and working out.

I miss kickboxing.

But...

I love traveling and experiencing new things.

But...

All of the above things are still true.

I miss my mother-in-law too.  She was the only other female when we are all together and it's always nice to have someone else who more or less thinks the way I do. Men are great...

But...

We don't think the same.

We see things differently.

So I not only miss HER, but I miss a second woman being around.

So, I'm missing a lot of things right now.

But...

then again, I'm feeling tired.

Tomorrow is another day and a new adventure and I know I will embrace it and love it.

I also know I have the beginning of an original work forming in my soul.

We'll see how it all goes.

Blogging next from London!



No comments:

Post a Comment