Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Windsor and the Castle




The funnies of the day....

When touring the castle, we hit the room with the suits of amour.

Me to JJ: So what do you think of the suits of amour?

JJ:  It's good, mom.  You can't go wrong with amour.

Guess not when you really think about it.

***
Coming home, we passed a house that was a pale pink alongside of Windsor Great Park.  Now England has lots of little idiosyncrasies, so keep that in mind with this story,  I was sitting in the back with the boys as my FIL was up in the front with The Brit and my window was down partway and the air was blowing in my ear and my hearing is not the best already.

So, I hear Aaron ask The Brit what the pink house was.  The Brit responded and as I didn't hear the answer, I asked Aaron what he'd said. 

Aaron:  Is the lodging house for the gay people.

As he smirked, I launched into my mini-sermon....

Me:  I have no problem with gay people...some of my best friends are gay men.

The Brit:  A lodging house for GATE people!  Not gay people.

Me: Oh, well, that makes me feel better.  I was thinking that was a whole new kind of segregation....

***
And more pictures from today:













And if anyone has any idea what kind of statement this dude was making, amuse me and post your thoughts:





1 comment:

  1. "Since meeting George, Edith's sex life was never the same, but her floors were sparkling clean..."

    ReplyDelete