Monday, June 1, 2009

T minus 45 Hours



It doesn't matter how much planning goes into a vaca, there will always be people who want to trip you up in those last couple of days by wanting things at the last minute or out of the ordinary.  This was work today.  A report I have tried to get folks to complete for two months was today finally ready to be filed.  An additional article was added to the newsletter.  Little things that are generally no big deal unless you are trying to safely get away for three weeks and have everything completed before you go.

So I still have odds and ends to finish up at work.  At home I am in pretty good shape.  I scrubbed out six litter boxes today (totally gross job), the fridge is cleaned out, the house is fairly tidy, my clothes are laid out for The
Brit to pack.  We did our final shop at Walmart tonight, picking up bits and pieces that were needed or that we were taking over for other people.

The Brit is a bit cranky tonight as the trip is expensive, the exchange rate is currently not in our favor, but I think he is just cranky and tired and trying to get things ready at work and that when the time comes to leave, he will be more excited, as he has been the last two weeks.  We'll just have to buckle down a bit once we get home and forgo some non-essentials for a bit.  You only live once and spending time with our family in the UK is overdue.  It's difficult living so far apart from people I enjoy spending time with and while it is certainly not a trip we can make often I'm glad we can do it now.

So tomorrow is our last full day here and my last Jack kickboxing class until July.  Wish I could take him and my cats with me!



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that is true about The Brit... I can tell you that I stress like no one's business before a trip or even a dinner party to make sure that everything is perfect - and of course set and ready for when we get home... but by the time we leave or the party starts - I'm coasting and I enjoy that part. :-)

    ReplyDelete