Saturday, June 6, 2009

England is Known for Rain


Today has been rather low key, though I did find the shop I was looking for.  The mall was packed today so though I found the shop, I plan to wait till during a week to actually shop in there.

Tonight, The Brit and I are going into London for Adrian's birthday party, so that should be fun.  I'm trying to blog now as I'm not sure what time I am getting home tonight.


For some reason, I sleep much better in this country than in my own.  Yes, even I get that is a zero on the sense scale, but yet it is oddly true.  I don't wake up in the middle of the night and I fall asleep quickly. 

Nine year olds are hard work.  They want to have an answer for everything, then when they get disciplined for being cheeky, they cry...like we are being mean for no reason.  It is utterly maddening on a good day.  We are currently having this reading battle.  He is so close to being where he should be in his reading ability, so we are again enforcing that the kids have to do some reading each day of the summer.  So today, when instructed to do his two pages of reading, he got lippy and The Brit made him start the book over and reread what he had already read yesterday (the book starts on page 11 and he was on 17, so this was no big thing).  Then of course, he cries. 

Hoping that the rain clears up as there is a kite festival tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed!



1 comment:

  1. I think it's understandable that you sleep better there! Afterall be on vacation is exhausting in good way!

    As for the young one...lots of adults are that way as well...lol!

    Wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete