Saturday, June 27, 2009

On the Road Again


So tomorrow afternoon, I am off for my second adventure of the summer: Mission trip 2009.

This will be my third year as a chaperone and I love these trips.  I love the helping others and I love the spending time with the youth kids.  The whole experience, as exhausting as it is, is uplifting at the same time.  We have all always come away from it closer and wiser, more aware that there is a world outside of our corner of it were things are not nearly as good as we have it.

Of course, my oldest son is going with me but I think he will do well.  He works hard, especially for people other than his parents, and it will be a learning experience for him.

I am contemplating taking a notebook with me to journal each night and then when I get home, sharing my thoughts and experiences here on the blog.  I may give it a shot, but the days are long and the nights are short, so we'll see how it goes!

Okay, that is it for me till Friday.  Give my guest bloggers some love in the way of comments as you may be encouraging another would be blogger!  Hope you all have a great week and for those of you on Facebook, I should be able to post some updates via my mobile phone.

Peace out!



1 comment:

  1. I think the journal idea is great - even if you don't write complete thoughts... you could get down enough that it would jog your memory later. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete