Friday, June 26, 2009

Getting Back On Board


So there has been a lot of chatter around the C&P girl blogs about getting their eating back in order.  At least I am not the only one who has struggled the last few weeks.  Now granted, I was on vacation and granted, the things I ate compared to how I would have eaten as a pre-op are not too terrible in comparison.  I ate things like fish and chips, and some crisps and some chocolate and OMG the bread in England is wonderful.  But now I am working on putting myself back together again and getting back on target. 

It's kind of interesting that before my surgery I would also beat myself up when my eating was especially bad and though my "bad" eating now is not nearly as bad as then, the beating up has not changed.  It makes me crazy to know I am not doing what I should be doing.  In fact, it is worse than crazy.  It scares the bejezez out of me. 

I looked at my Before and After pics this morning and my resolve was heightened once more.  Never again am I going to be THAT girl physically.  It's not an option.  I am happy here though not yet satisfied.  There is still work to be done and now I have to backtrack a bit to get where I was before England.  The difference now is that falling off the wagon does not mean giving up; it simply means getting it right again.  Pulling myself up and shaking off the dust and plowing onward.  There is no giving up anymore.

Travel, stress, unplanned circumstances, all of these things can throw healthy habits out the window, but now for me, that only happens for a moment in time.  A moment can last a few days or a few weeks, but in time, still only a moment.  It cannot be any different.  I've come too far to turn back.  109 pounds lost is nothing to sneeze at and it has done amazing things for my health and overall happiness and abilities.

So I'm back on board the health train and hope to soon be back on board the workout train too.  Time is still not on my side with that, plus I have kids for the summer, which makes things complicated, but I'll work it out as soon as the mission trip is over.

There are no other options.



2 comments:

  1. Good for you girlie pie...knock 'em dead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - take me with you... I need to get back on track. The emotions and medicines from this darn fertility stuff have allowed me to give myself license to eat all sorts of sugar. Which depending on who you ask - means that I'm maintaining... or have gained 11 pounds...depending on who's scale you're talking about. ARG!

    ReplyDelete