Saturday, June 20, 2009

Laughing Til I Cried


Don't worry, I will still cover London Day 2, but right now I am too tired to download and resize photos.  We spent the night in London last night at Ade's place.  For Susan, Ade is an old friend of The Brit's.  Adrian is a few years older than I am (two and a bit) but is one of the most genuine people I know.  Ade has been with a long time partner, Chris and I think it is great to expose my kids to positive role models like Ade and Chris because we all know our children are going to encounter homosexuals in their lifetimes.  I would rather my kids have some experience with some folks a bit different from them but no less normal, no less kind and no less genuine.  It's important to me.

Anyway,
The Brit and I went to see Avenue Q  and then took the tube and train back to Putney, at like 11:00pm. 
We were then instructed to meet up with Ade at Ole for wine and we left Ole at like 1:30 to hit another pub for more wine before walking home.  Let me say that drinking is not a regular pastime of mine but with Ade I have a wine buddy and we have great fun together.  Last night, we laughed harder than we have in a long time and it was wonderful.

I came to the realization that if I am in the UK and feel homesick, all I need do is to spend some time in London and life is perfect again. I love that city beyond measure.  It makes me feel alive like no other city can, even New York.  London is alive and full of life and people and fashion and history,  It gets into my veins and my heart is filled with great sadness at the thought of not seeing it and experiencing it again for awhile.

Okay, must sleep now.  My fun last night did not end till nearly three in the morning and this old body is no longer used to that!  More later though my time in the UK is rapidly coming to a close.  I believe I shall miss it greatly.



No comments:

Post a Comment