Wednesday, June 17, 2009

London Day 1, Part 2


Okay, where were we?

Right...London.  Finished up seeing Buck House and then started walking in the direction of Westminster Abbey in order to meet up with Ade's partner, Chris.  We didn't go inside the Abbey because they wanted 30-something pounds for four of us to go inside and I can't bring myself to pay to go into any kind of house of God.  Something about it bothers me, but anyway, here is a picture from the outside:




We did go into a smaller church just down from the Abbey, St. Thomas, but no photos are permitted inside the church.

We then walked to the Thames to catch a boat tour to Greenwich to see the Meridian Line.  Took several photos along the way, but you will probably recognize the follows structures:






At Greenwich, we had quite an uphill climb to reach the Meridian Line.  Once at the top, you can see from whence we came:



Thankfully, this bloke was part of the way up the hill to break the monotony:




Then when we reached the top, we waited in line for the prize:



By the time we got back down the hill and caught a tube back to Putney, it was way past dinnertime, so we hit an Italian place for awesome pizza and plenty of red wine for Ade and myself, thus my lack of blogging that night.

I will try to hit London Day 2 tomorrow, but we have a long few days coming up that involve some travel, so I'm not sure of what kind of time I'll have to blog.  I'll do my best but it is very up in the air!












2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Your pictures keep getting better and better and although one of my "bucket list" dreams is to go to London, if I don't make it your pictures give me a sense of seeing it 1st hand. BTW, who is Ade? You mention him a few times and is he a relative of The Brit's? Anyhoo....have a wonderful time and once again..you look super..
    Luv, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sis!!! The photos are awesome! You have good weather there and the places you've visited and all the monuments are amazingly beautiful!
    Love the picture with you all!
    Happy you're having fun and sorry you got a cold:( Hopefully it'll leave you soon.

    ReplyDelete