Sunday, June 28, 2009

Walking for a Cure


<:od>

I met Cindy when I worked for Corporate America many moons ago and she was my sounding board especially when The Brit and I were getting to know each other via email and telephone.  Like many other friends, we have reconnected on Facebook and she offered to share a little blog post with me.

Most of you know that I have been involved with Relay for Life in the past and I hope to be involved with it next year.  Last year, was my surgery, so I couldn't do it and this year we were in England for it.  But as more and more people I know battle cancer, the more this cause means to me.  It means a lot to Cindy as well.


This weekend, June 20th, Hampshire County West Virginia held our annual Relay for Life Walk.

One in three people will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life® is a life-changing event that brings together more than 3.5 million people across the country each year to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that takes too much.

Between September 1, 2008 and August 31, 2009, Relay For Life® communities nationwide are hosting special �Show Us Your HOPE� activities that visually depict the passion Relayers have for the fight against cancer. Ideally, these activities are separate from Relay For Life® events and demonstrate how the American Cancer Society in our community celebrates survivors, remembers loved ones lost and fights back against cancer through Relay For Life®.

Learn more about Show Us Your HOPE or about Relay For Life® and how together we can Celebrate, Remember, and Fight Back against cancer!

Tomorrow I will walk in memory of my Father , Coach Honey Crites, my mother,  Ruth E. Crites and for all of my dear friends who have battled cancer.


I hope that each year, more and more of you will become involved with this cause which is so important.  My friend, Lisa, has been a team leader for Relay for the last three years and I now also know that a girl I went to high school is also involved with one locally, so my hope is to be very involved next year in one way or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment