Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bread, Chocolate and Narrow Roads


My eating is sucking big wumpus (or however the Indians would have spelled that).  Breakfast?  Bring on the
English bread, baby!  And put some of that creamy UK butter on it as well!  Dinner tonight?  Cheese sandwich.  Craving something?  Nothing like a bite of Cadburys.

Ugh.

I did about a mile walk today however, which is the small bit of good news.  I know, I know, everyone will say "Hey, you're on vacation!  Enjoy!  But I'm on vacation for a really long time!  A week?  Okay, fair enough.  I can eat as I'd like for a week and fix it quickly enough upon arriving back home.  Three weeks is going to take serious fixing and unless Jack is going to be my personal kickbutt instructor seven days a week for a month, I could be in deep dodo.  Yet, dammit, it all tastes so good over here!  I guess I should be thankful Maryland does not have the goodies that England does.  But that doesn't help me now.  What would help me now would be some control for myself, which has been a terrible issue, but getting out of my comfort zone of home makes things complicated from an eating perspective.

I have been good on some occasions; bypassing something I'd like to eat or better yet, taking a bite of something and discovering that I no longer like it; that it is too rich or too sweet for me now where before that would not have been an issue.  But with two weeks left, I need to be better.  Help me, C&P girls...I need a good kick in the rear end! 

Today was low key.  A little exploring mostly.  Tomorrow most likely we will either go to London or Windsor.  There is a possibility of Tube strike in London, so we are waiting to see where that goes if anywhere (Tubes are the underground transportation system, like our subway or metro) as if they strike it could be a mess in the city.

This is a two lane road, believe it or not that is so typical of English roads:





This one is self explanatory






1 comment: