Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How is it Possible...


...that today is the last day of school?�



Tomorrow begins the Great Kim Juggling Act of balancing kids, exercise and sanity.� It is always a challenge.� Ugh.� In some ways, the kids being off school is easier (I am looking at this purely as a logistic thing.� I know the kids love their summer vacations and I am not denying them that.� I loved them when I was a kid too.� But being a parent, summer vacations from school take on an entirely new dimension.� Just sayin'.) in that I have no more lunches to pack, or kids to wake up and get moving in the morning.� I am not as anal about bedtimes during the summer providing they are amusing themselves and not being all in my face after 9:30pm, which for me is adult time, ie. not time to be mom.� I love them, but most parents will tell you that kids can be all consuming every waking moment and the parents who deny this, are liars are not being honest with themselves are better people than I.



So anyway, my goal is hit the pavement three mornings a week in one way or another.� One way would be by getting my butt out of bed at 6:00am. The "another" way would be anything but that in the event I cannot haul my lazy ass out of bed.� I'm thinking I can pull it off a few days a week.� The kids would still be asleep, the temperatures outside would not be up yet and I can then come home, shower and get ready for work.� Doable right?� Totally, right?



We are now less than three weeks away from our mission trip and I would love to have a few guest bloggers in my absence.� Wanted to put it out there to see if I get any volunteers before I ask people directly.� Ya'll know the kind of stuff I talk about here; health, fitness, exercise, surviving summer school vacations.� So, let me know if you are willing to write one and what your topic will be.� Then you can email me at kimbreknittergirl@gmail.com (really need to change that.� What's a knitting needle?) with your article and I can get it set to post on one of my days away.� I will be gone June 27-July 3rd.� If I don't get volunteers I will have to go hit up a few of the blogs I have stalking, and those girls are much more famous than I, so I'm not sure if they will give me the time of day or not.� Just sayin'.� I just hate leaving the blog empty for that long.� I know the world will not cease to exist with no boring little blog entries from me, but it just makes me feel better to know my little corner of the internets is being looked after.



My eating has been much better this week�with the exception of some Milky Way minis...damn whoever brought those into my world this week!��I am feeling much better about the whole thing despite how...ahem...no one...*cough* gave me any ideas for healthy snacks.� I know ya'll have 'em, so cough 'em up.�



I also know ya'll are out there, so while I am asking you for stuff today, leave me a little comment and let me know you still exist.� See, in�case you are not a blogger, we love comments.� We love to hear what readers have to say as long as it is polite (I get really annoyed when bloggy friends are attacked rudely by people who don't agree with them.� You can disagree, but really, dudes, can we be nice?) and it actually inspires us to blog.� If we didn't like comments, our journals would not be out there for all the world to see, but still in pretty little spiral bound notebooks with flowers all over the covers.� I like pretty little books actually but still prefer to type my thoughts and occasionally add photos to them without the use of tape.



Lastly, theater people.� I have a question, and Tod, you have already answered this one, so you are excused...from this...not from commenting.� Anyway, if a director says to you "Stand upstage.� I want to hear your diction.� Finish the sentence 'You won't believe this but on the way here...'" does that mean to improvise an entire story about monsters or tornados attacking your car on the way to auditions?� Please keep in mind, this is what I was told and I was first to have to do this.� What comes to your mind when someone wants to hear your diction?






5 comments:

  1. I read, I read, just about every single day. I've been a little buried lately, but I must say that the blog gives me such encouragement and I am grateful that you are much more diligent than I am with posting! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am a past theatre person and I think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Of course, if I were a really boring person, I would have made up some tall tale...but I'm not and you're not either, so I probably would have just recounted some of my day. Of course I also think it's odd that you were asked to sing a song from the show. That is just unheard of in auditioning circles. AND the fact that there wasn't a pianist there to play your music...a travesty!!! Live theatre is not about singing to canned music, so it should not be part of the audition process. Just my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here. reading and visiting different blogs gives me excitement to my daily routine. like stumbling this blog. it's really interesting to read different types of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, my thought on diction.. I would have made something up, but the focus was not on what you said, but HOW you said it.. how you pronounced things.. do you drop the "t" off "hot".. like Jim used to, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One acknowledges that humen's life seems to be expensive, nevertheless different people need money for various issues and not every one gets enough cash. Thus to get fast home loans and commercial loan will be good solution.

    ReplyDelete