Friday, June 18, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes


First off, I need one more guest blogger...ONE!� Thanks to Tod, Leisl, Jim and Laurie for volunteering so far!� One more taker!� Please?



I attempted to do for a run last night...and it was all bad.� Almost as soon as I finished walking and started running, my right knee started bitching.� My legs felt dead and tired (I had run on Monday, kickboxed on Tuesday and run on Wednesday so far, but am trying to increase the number of days I run).� I kept trying but it was a lost cause and I wound up walking the majority of it, telling myself I would never be a real runner and I can kiss any dreams of a 1/2 marathon goodbye because it was never gonna happen.



I worked from home today, which means I can set my own schedule as long as my task (A graduate presentation) is finished by Sunday morning, so I elected to try to get a run in first thing.� I got up, dressed and ate some oatmeal before setting out, feeling a little concerned based on last night's attempt.� I walked to warm up and when I hit my point in the park where I always start running, I started out.�



I felt amazing.



I did two complete loops, walking minimal distances.� At one point during the second loop, where I have a planned place to walk, I felt so good running that I went a bit further.� Got home, showered and then had the whole day ahead of me with my workout behind me which was also amazing!�



I guess the moral of the story is, do not judge your entire running career on one bad run.� We are all going to have those craptastic runs where nothing goes right, we don't feel right and we wonder why we are even putting ourselves through this process other than for pure torture.� Maybe those runs are our bodies way of telling us it needs a break and to go easy today.� It sure paid off for me!



Okay, it is nearly fire�pit time, so you all have a great weekend and don't knock each other over trying to grab that last guest blogger space, ya hear?




No comments:

Post a Comment