Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Need a Pla-


The above quote is actually from a Friends episode in which they are deciding what to do about something and someone asks if they have a plan and Phoebe says "We don't even have a pla."



Anyway, I need to start focusing on summer fitness preferably without my kids for the serious stuff.� Let's face it, my girls boys can't do more than�a block, mile�few miles of biking before the griping sets in and they are complaining about what hurts and what is wrong with their bikes and "Can we turn around now?"� I lived and learned this last summer and listening to constant complaining kind of takes all the joy out of the activity for me, tho if Tod went along on a Monday it might be doable as at least there would be someone fun to offset the complaining with.�



Yoga is Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7:00 or 7:30, I forget which.� I would like to hit one of these a week to see how I like it.� I also have delusions plans of hauling my ass out of bed early for morning runs before work this summer.� The kidlets would still be sleeping and it would not be so brutally hot.� There is also walking with Tod in the evenings and I am going to kidnap him the first Monday the kids are camping or something to do some hill work at The Woods in WV.� Lots of hills, great scenary and not much traffic.



My main focus for the summer (other than kickboxing which I could not give up if I tried) is running.� Saturday's�5K left me feeling amazing.� Last night's kickboxing class, I felt like a beast with incredible stamina.� Okay, some of this is all in my head, I'm sure, but there is something mental that goes on with actually running in an organized event, even when your time is crap.� The crap time for me was still good because I did it�
even though a woman in the 60-69 age range beat my ass.��But this 5K was the 5K that all future 5Ks will be measured for now.� That is the time to beat and as it is a crap time, that should not be too hard with some practice.�



I have been finding some really cool running stuff online that makes my eyes glaze over (no Brit, do not run out and buy it at this point.� I just think it is cool.).� For example, no slip headbands from Bondiband , this one being my favorite:







Then there is this site of�fitness jewelry at Liftyoursole� with a running line of stuff that is really cool.



And if I get really serious and start to collect me some bibs, there are bibFolios .� I mean, who knew?



And Fivefingers , which are just really neat�and pricey.



��Supposed to be really close to running barefoot without the pain of actually running barefoot.� I find them intriguing, but wonder if I would be bold enough to wear them out running in public!� Could you hear it?� I mean, a year ago, I would be the one saying "What the #%$ does she have on her feet?"



Okay, heading to the gym to start logging my 60 miles in June challenge.� Running tomorrow!










3 comments:

  1. You know, one of my co-workers has the five fingers - he swears by them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, I don't even run and I want a pair of those 5 finger things. Too cool for school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not even heard of the bibFolios! I just have them in a shoebox with the date, race and my time written on the back of it.

    Eventually, I'd LOVE to have VFF's. There is a facebook fan page for them.

    I wish I could get up and run while the kids are sleeping, but they are too young, so I'll have to do my running after they are dropped off at Montessori. We CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete