Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today, A Chapter Book


Chapter book?� I swear, we never used this verbiage when I was in school.� Picture book, yes.� Chapter book?� Not so much.��



Why can't I inspire the ones that mean the most?



So, I have written before about people telling me I inspire them and those words humble me, even when they don't exactly seem possible.� What I wish though, were that I could inspire the ones closest to me to change their way of thinking about things.�



I worry a lot about losing people before it should happen.� I know we all have an end time in this world, but I� have lots to do and have finally�come to the conclusion that I want to live out my life here for as long as I can and I want to�feel good while doing it.� Yeah, I know Heaven will be amazing, but it is still the unknown and I'm not yet ready to cross over.�



I hate to see people give up or not try or think they can't.� I get that sometimes life throws us for loops and the things we counted on might not happen through no fault of our own.� My favorite quote of the moment is "Why would you chose failure when success is an option?" and it is so true.� Why would anyone?



I know that I chose failure for a long time because I didn't have the stamina to see things through, but can I tell you something?� Standing on this side of 109 pounds down and I know this is where I want to be.� I have something now to compare 315 pounds with.� Before, healthy was an unknown to me.� I had no idea what it felt like.� When you haven't tasted something before, how can you crave it?� But once you get a taste of something sweet like this, you wonder how you ever lived without it before.



I've seen people have a taste and still give it all up.� I was briefly that person before but never really lost enough weight for it to make a difference or I was too young to appreciate the difference.� I know I�can't do it for anybody else.� I can't chose success for them, but it doesn't make me not want to.� I want those dearest to me to live a great life.� To feel good.� To be able to experience all they are able to.� We pass this way but once, so we need to make the most of it.



Success is always an option and that option renews itself every day.� You can chose it.� Chose it now.� Today.



�The Mind is the first to go



I had other things, but now I can't remember what they were.� They will come to me later.� Today has been full of frustrations and I shall be taking them out in kickboxing tonight.� Then the kids come home and the fun of trusting The Genius while I work begins anew.






1 comment: