Friday, June 4, 2010

Why Must I Measure Everything?


So one of the things on my To Do list before I die, is to be cast and perform in the show "Godspell", which is one of my all time favorite shows.� The Apollo theater, where I did my last show eight years ago, and where they did not cast me for "Steel Magnolias" a few months ago, is holding auditions this weekend.�



And I am tempted.



My first concern is that I won't get cast but with 20 roles needed, it is possible (not sure why 20 as there were only 12 disciples and Jesus).� I know that auditioning goes hand in hand with the possibility of not being cast but it doesn't mean I have to like it, especially with wondering if my former weight had anything to do with being landed some rather good character roles in the past.



I would also have to miss the first week of rehearsals potentially due to vacation if we are going anywhere, because though the show auditions this weekend, rehearsals don't start per the website until August 1st.�



There is also the fact that I need a CD to audition with and I have nothing from the show on a vocal accompaniment tape.� I have just called around and found nada.� Zippo. Rein. Gar nichts.� Nothing.� What to do?� I placed a call to my Crisis Intervention guy, aka, Tod, but will not hear from him till this afternoon.� If I could sing "Day by Day" I could be pretty fearless with that...or even "By My Side".



Okay, wrote the above a few hours ago and since then have had the music problem solved thanks to Mandy and karaoke-version.com, where for 1.99 you can download the instrumentals of all kinds of stuff.� I will be using this again!� So I downloaded "Day by Day" and will rehearse it between now and Sunday at 1:00 when the second wave of auditions are.� I think that if I am not cast in this one, I will be hanging up my theater hat for good.



Tonight, Grad party for one of my youth kids!� Happy weekend, Blog peeps!




3 comments:

  1. They want you to sing a song from the show? I always thought that was total No No as far as auditions went? But hey, if that's what they want...then give it to them. Give it to them good! Lots of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All people deserve good life and mortgage loans or auto loan will make it better. Because people's freedom is grounded on money.

    ReplyDelete