Sunday, January 16, 2011

Can I Just Tell You...

....how amazing it is to LOVE going to church?  I have not had this feeling in so long and I am still enjoying it immensely.  This morning I sang with the praise band and loved it.  As the last song, we did the same song they ended with Wednesday night where the pastor marched around with the mentally disabled woman and today, he just started a conga line for the song!  So much fun and my friend, E said to my mother "This is the first time I have ever done the conga in church!  I loved it!"  His sermons are also wonderful and I find that 15 minutes is often not enough for me to listen to him.  It is so nice to listen to a prepared sermon!  And a well done sermon!  It is just so nice to be excited about church!  Oh and the church puts out a devotional book for Lent each year and each of the 40 devotions are written by members.  This morning, the music director asked me if I would write one.  Now how does she know I love to write?

The blog is now public again, which is the reason for the name change.  I would prefer certain people not find me, not that they can do anything if they do, so I wanted to make it harder to find.  So we are live again,so you can add it to your Google readers, etc. I was tired of my readers being inconvenienced (having to log on, not being able to add the blog to feeds, not being able to comment, etc).

The Brit goes in for his outpatient stone blasting surgery in the morning so I am not working tomorrow.  Hopefully all will go well and the stones will break!  Say a prayer for success!

Tomorrow I am also starting Weight Watchers.  Not going to the meetings but Strat got me the books and the calculator so I am all set to go.  I just hate counting calories so hopefully this will make life easier and I can finally hit that magic number!  I know I am going to fight with weight the rest of my life; the secret is finding what works the best!

I think that is all I wanted to tell you.  I gave you a Sunday bonus because I didn't blog Friday.  I was still pretty bummed about the death of John Dye; I still shake my head when I think about it.  Actors for me where pretty much him and Rob Lowe.  Sure, there are a few more I like but those two were/are my favorites.  And he was just so young!  Plus on Friday we went to dinner with Strat and her hubby and had a great time.  Really enjoy their company!

No comments:

Post a Comment