Thursday, January 20, 2011

From One Extreme to Another

Yeah, it's another church discussion so you non-church people can tune out if you want. 

This morning, the evil VP came in with her letter that will go into the annual meeting program that everyone in the congregation gets next Sunday.  Though she is no longer on council, because The Brit resigned, she was acting president until last Monday.  So, she gives me this letter and leaves and I read it.  I am immediately concerned about her first sentence which basically says that someone in the congregation recently told her that the council had not done anything all of last year and that they were wrong.  Okay, maybe that person was wrong, but do you really want to start out your letter with an "in your face" comeback to the person who apparently ticked you off?  I have no idea who told her that but it obviously annoyed her.  However, using that information in a letter that the whole congregation is getting?  Totally unprofessional and immature, IMHO.  Thoughts?

Anyway, read on and she goes onto name all the things that were accomplished in 2010, making sure to give everything she was directly involved in plenty of props.  Then she talks about what a fabulous job the music director( and she does) and the pastor have done for the church in 2010.  I guess it should not surprise me that she gave me nothing.  It was like the church only has two employees.  I fumed for awhile.  I know I do not need her praise or approval, but I still worked my butt off for that place last year...and she ignores me as if I never existed there. 

I did call a few wise council people with my concerns about her first sentence however and they agreed it was not a good idea.  So it has now been passed onto the president of council who is my wonderful Papa D.  We'll see what happens.

Then tonight, my new pastor made a home call here.  My mother came over as well and he stayed and chatted and answered all our questions for an hour and a half.  Truly a delightful visit.  At the end of it, he PRAYED with us (remember my last pastor could not even mention God in a conversation!).  Just a great night.  It made the Evil VP crap, and that is precisely what it is, from this morning melt away. 

I  made three weight watchers dishes today.  Whew!  I spent a lot of time in the kitchen!  I did chicken and used a rub under the skin made up of olive oil, cumin, fresh parsley and garlic.  Total yum and only 4 points.  Then I did sweet potato fries from scratch instead of out of a bag.  And lastly, for the pastor's visit, homemade WW's lemon squares.  Totally wonderful and I had to refrain from eating more than one.  But as of this morning, I am down three pounds.  Four more to go to lose all of the ten I gained since October. 

I am working on losing those pounds along with the church that started me gaining them.....

2 comments:

  1. Perfect example of "When God closes a door he opens another." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Hope the council decides not to publish that. There are plenty of people in the congregation that do not know what happened and she will really be showing her @$$ if they read that. Glad she's no longer on the council.

    ReplyDelete