Monday, January 24, 2011

Highs and Lows

I have been riding a roller coaster of emotions lately.  Just many different emotions at many different times, whether it be anger, joy, sadness, etc.  Got 'em all!

The Highs:
I lost four pounds on my first week on Weight Watchers.  That was a good thing.  I am also total PMSing so it could have even been better were I not retaining the world right now.  But I can't dwell there as such is life.  The program is really easy to use and beings I would rather eat poo than count calories, it totally works for me...at least for the moment.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Church is still rocking.  E and I went to the women's Bible study last night and had a great time.  The group is small, there were only five of us, but the ladies are friendly and honest and a little off kilter like E and I are.  I think it will be a good fit.  The whole new church experience has been a good fit.  

I won a book today.  WaterBrook Multnomah, a Division of Random House had a contest last week where they were giving away copies of books.  There were about ten new books and if you were one of the first ten to request a particular copy, and you told them why you wanted to read it, you won a copy of the book.  Today, they told me I won a copy. I was thrilled as I rarely win anything.

I have a job interview tomorrow at the spa/salon that Strat told me about.  Think lots of good thoughts and prayers please.  I am longing to get out of the church.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Zumba tonight was awesome.  There is a  young latino guy in our class, probably in his twenties who may be training to be a Zumba instructor.  He got to lead the last song and it was wicked fun.  The thing about this kid is the sheer joy that radiates from his face all the time.  So cute and so happy and it was just an awesome way to end the evening.

The Lows:

There are moments being at the old church working really bums me out.  Only moments.  But the moments are heavy ones.  Today a guy I have known for a really long time, who attended the second service, came into the office.  They needed something out of the shed.  Now, let me say that I have not broadcast to anyone what happened there or even that I am no longer there.   I assume my absence is now common knowledge however.  So this guy and his wife came into my office and he said to me "I need a hug from you."

So I  hugged him and he went on to tell me how upset he was that I was no longer there. He said that I was the one person he knew for a fact loved that church and would do anything for it.  I explained a little of what happened, not implicating anyone.  He wished me well and hoped that things changed one day.  So there was a great testimony sort of to the things I did there and then on the other side of that spectrum is the evil VP who refuses to even acknowledge my work in 2010 in her letter to the congregation.  

There is another bit of sadness that lingers with me that only one person in the entire world understands and that is my Brazilian friend, Deyse.  We share different things with different friends and even if I attempted to explain it here, no one would truly understand.  Only Deyse.  So we struggle together with this one in ways that sometimes we don't even understand, but it is still nice to have someone to share it with.  

On a good note with Deyse, she may be coming to the USA at the end of this year and DC is one of her destinations and if it happens I am there!  For like eight years now,  I have had an adopted Brazilian sister and one of these days I am going to meet her.  And then one day, I plan on going to Rio to see her as Brazil is on my bucket list anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Well, if your Brazilian friend comes to the US, I promise to host a party in her honor. This could be my year of International Parties. The Hubby's Host Mom from Munich is coming in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW,sis!!!
    I'm so gonna be in there!!!! You can wait for me (lol and now I see your friend is holding a party for me!yey!).
    You are certainly the only one person in over 5 billion that can understand the way I felt - and still feel, about JD's passing... I won't dare to tell other people how the sorrow hits me really bad in certian moments, whenever he comes to my mind... And what you said about wanting to accomplish a lot more than you already did, well, maybe perhaps your new church might be the right place for a new beginning, perhaps there you can start sthg small and then make it grow little by little. And you've already accomplished many,many good things along your life, sis, be sure that those who surround you are very grateful for your presence in their lives, me included!:)
    ((((Kim))))
    Wait for me there, okay? I'm coming! hehehe

    ReplyDelete