Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quickly...

It's late and there is a buttload of snow out there and I have spent most of the night chatting and laughing (thank goodness!) with Deyse on MSN over silly Cityville which she is holding a virtual gun to my head to make me play against my will.

But...

I wanted to thank you all for the things you said.  Do I believe all of them?  I want to but things take time for me.  I have opinions of myself that are not easily changed.  And no, I don't want to be a famous actor (though it would be nice and there was a time in my life that was the only thing I wanted to be) but I did always want to do something that mattered...as a career and I'm not there.  Yes, there is still time.  I still want to write and am constantly working on that horrible little negative creature that sits on my shoulder and tells me how impossible it is.  

But...

You never know.  But again, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  I think in light of recent events, especially at the church, I have been questioning my worth a bit maybe.  When I bust my ass for five years filling in with anything and everything that needs to be done and then have those same people I helped turn on me because I had issues with the pastor that I blogged about on a space I paid for, it is really hard not to wonder where I screwed up to allow people to feel they had the right to do those things. I'm sure that whole situation is somewhere in the mess that has been my emotions the last few weeks.

But again, thank you.  Love you all, truly.

2 comments:

  1. Recently saw a quote that you need. I can't remember verbatim or who it was by but it went something like this: I don't care what other people think of me, I only care what I think of me.

    Some people just live to bring down others. And some are just oblivious that they are doing it. You have a good heart and you follow it. We love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yay Emily. I completely agree. In fact, next to, "I was raised to be charming, not sincere" it's one of my favorite quotes. Of course, I am one of those people who every now and then has to take down someone. Only if they deserve it...or if I'm asked to by a third party...or even better yet, if paid to do so. :-)

    ReplyDelete