Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Wow

I know that some of you anti-God folks will say this is just a coincidence but I am a firm believer of that quote that said, "Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous." 

So you all know my nightmare that started back in October with being attacked for not conforming to the Pastor fan club.  Then the second church we walked into once we started church shopping almost immediately felt like home.  So we in the process of joining officially; our membership has already been transferred and our new pastor is coming to the house tomorrow night to meet with us and answer any questions before we make it official in front of the congregation.  I told you on Sunday, I was asked to write a lenten devotional, right?  So given everything that happened from my tears and depression over people turning on me for not agreeing and attacking my husband for preferring to work with the kids in the nursery instead of listening to non-planned sermons, guess what verse was assigned to me? 

"He has redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and my life shall see the light." Job 33:28

And if that doesn't give you little goosebumps, tonight's sermon had to do with not staying in the past; that it is fun to visit sometimes or to grieve after something bad happens, but that God wants us to "Let go" so he can give us a new spirit  Isn't that what I have needed to do?  I have been working on letting go of what happened at the old place and am really doing well with it.  The bitterness is gone and I don't dread going in there anymore.  Sure,  I am still job searching but working there is not unbearable; it would just be nice to cut that tie and only keep ties with the ones who seem interested in keeping ties with me.  With working to put all that behind me, my life has seen new light at my new church.  It is exciting and the pastor is full of  JOY.  I have known a lot of miserable, stagnant Christians in my life and I never wanted to be one of them.  I have never understood the Christians who feel they always have to be serious and reverent all the time because knowing God and Jesus is a joyous thing!  The other interesting thing is that my seemingly new spirit that has come with being in a place that feels right, is now a part of their praise band and their praise band has a name.

THE NEW SPIRIT PRAISE BAND

I just think it is all way cool.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what the Living Word can do. I'm so glad that God has led you to a place your spirit can be nourished!

    ReplyDelete