Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Headaches and zumba and stents, o my!

So The Brit did fine in the surgery and the stents are only causing him discomfort as opposed to pain, thankfully.  Looking forward to him getting home so I can be in his health loop again!

The last few days I have been having horrible sinus headaches that arrived around midday and leave when I go to bed.  I am fairly sure they are sinus related as they are right across my forehead.  I'm contemplating a nettie pot.  Anyone ever used one?  Would it help?

Took Zumba again tonight and I am still having fun.  I would like to try to escape the house a second night a week to be able to take it at least once each week and not give up kickboxing.  I have got to see about new shoes soon though as now my right ankle is bothering me when I am wearing my year old ones! 

One more thing I am bothered about today and you all can tell me if I am being far too sensitive about this issue.  One of the local churches is collecting donations for a backpack thing.  Basically there is concern that kids that get the free lunch at school are not getting proper nutrition at home on the weekends so there are backpacks being assembled to feed these kids over the weekends.  Some of the items they are asking for are candy bars, peanut butter or cheese crackers, spaghetti-o's, chips, etc.  Okay, here is what  I think is a fact: these kids are being fed on weekends and my guess is that they are being fed this kind of crap because it is not expensive.  With the obesity epidemic in this country affecting kids so much now, is this really a good answer?  These foods are horrible for kids. On the flip side, a few of the items are oatmeal packs, canned fruit and veggies, which is better but why not just keep it on the better side?

1 comment:

  1. I agree - I think there are better non-perishable options than candy bars and chips (these things shouldn't be anywhere near the list). Fruit roll-ups or nutri-grain bars or something. They might want to put some more thought into their mission. They also might want to encourage donations that aren't already on the WIC list that people get vouchers for and the kids might be getting plenty of already.

    ReplyDelete