Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So I Suck

I show myself no mercy when I wimp out on the gym, despite the fact that I am still feeling a bit like dog poo and that was the reason for my bailing today. I went to work, dressed to hit the Y afterward, but as the morning dragged (and dragged and dragged) on, I just started feeling very lethargic and exhausted.  By the time I left work late due to helping someone out with a report, I knew I just wanted to go home and of all things, take a nap.  I so rarely do this, but my body seemed to be begging for it.  So I went to get gas, and then came home and curled up under the blankets with a cat and slept solidly for an hour and twenty minutes. Still felt a little draggy but definitely improved from earlier.

Strat and her hubby have been awesome when it comes to me finding a job!  Not only did Strat speak to her hair stylist about me last week as they are hiring a part time receptionist (interview probably next week) but a lady from the Humane Society came into Mr. Strat's business the other day and he spoke to her about me.  They could not find my application, so I sent it to them again today with interests in three positions.  I have concerns about the latter job of course.  I love animals and I know the shelter has to put animals down that they cannot adopt out and that part would be difficult.  The flip side is getting to work on their behalf. I definitely want to work on finding out more about what the three positions offer. One is a Customer Service Supervisor, one is a Customer Service rep and the last is basically an office admin, which is what I am doing now.  So, huge thanks to the Strats for their support and what tickles me so much is Strat is the daughter of one of the church people who is so upset with me.

Tonight I start with the praise band at the new church so I am both excited and nervous.  The praise band at the old place was one of the highlights of my week. Not only because of my love of singing but also because the people were so much fun.  Not sure about this group yet. I can tell on Sundays they are not the fun-loving group I am used to but maybe that is good or maybe God will use me to lighten them up a bit as it is hard for me to be serious for too long!

The Brit is still hanging in there with his stones. Monday is the day to try to break a few of them up!

2 comments:

  1. Listen to your body, if it's telling you to nap you must need it.

    I'm glad to hear about the job prospects. I think the Humane Society would be tough, but you could do it. It is where my sister did her volunteer work in high school.

    Praying everything works out and that you enjoyed rehearsal tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "what tickles me so much is Strat is the daughter of one of the church people who is so upset with me"


    I AM such the rebel huh??? :)

    ReplyDelete