Monday, January 3, 2011

So Stubborn

All week last week, The Brit was dealing with at least one kidney stone.  He has had bouts with these off and on over the years when he elects to allow himself to drink soda and he has been soda drinking the last few weeks, so thus, the stones.  He would feel bad, then better, then bad, then better and yesterday he was fairly sure he had passed it and this morning he boarded a plane to Atlanta.  So of course, now he is in a hospital in Atlanta with not one but two 10mm stones that are not going to pass on their own.  His white blood cell count is through the roof so they are keeping him overnight and pumping him full of antibiotics. Not sure what will happen from there and I hate that he is so far away and in the hospital.


I wish more than anything that I could get him to take better care of himself. I have hinted at it here and the last thing I want to do is nag because let's be honest, nagging someone about something doesn't do any good.  The person has to want to do better and I just wish I could get him to want to do better.  He takes care of us, he takes care of things and work and somehow he is at the bottom of the priority list for himself.  It wouldn't take much; just a small altering here and there, a half hour a day put aside to do something healthy.  I would hate to see a life or death situation be what makes him want to do better.

I don't want him angry at me for writing this.  Lord knows, I'm not perfect and I've gained ten pounds over the last few months.  But I am working on getting it off.  I am saying this because I love him and because I really don't want to face life without him because he didn't take the time to take care of himself.  Though I know I am not promised tomorrow, I would still prefer that I not die from something tomorrow that I could have prevented.

So anyway, pray for him; that they are able to dissolve the stones and that maybe he would start to take better care of himself.

I took Zumba tonight and for the first time I actually enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that darling. I hope everything turns out ok for the Brit. I think about it every time I get on plane...which I do a lot in my line of work. What could possibly happen on this trip, either to me away or my hubby and family at home that we'd be separated by such great distance for? So please know that my thoughts are with you and him. Luckily in 10 years of travel with this job I have only wound up in the hospital once, and that wasn't for anything more than a few stitches, which my coworkers now affectionately refer to as "The Butterscotch Incident". I haven't been so lucky in terms of my family and husband who have had more problems back home while I've been away. Mom broke her hip, hubby started having his seizures. It's tough being away from home so much, but if I didn't love my job and believe that I can be of more help to my loved ones by doing it, I wouldn't. So, while I agree, that it is important to take care of oneself to be there for the ones you love, I also believe it is just as important to do the things you love. Sometimes, they conflict with one another.

    ReplyDelete