Friday, March 21, 2008

Almost Heaven


I'm on a laptop so this is going to be short.

We're in West Virginia, which is really only about 40 minutes from home.  The town is small and sweet; the kind of town I wish mine was.  I am stuffed stupid off some of the best crab imperial I have ever tasted.  There was a muscian in the restaurant who played acoustic guitar (my favorite) and sang, so I am feeling very full and very relaxed.

It's been nice to just get away for a handful of hours and I'm hoping to sleep through the night for a change.  Yes, I'm still seeing three am. and it is almost surprising as during the day I feel like I have very little anxiety about the surgery.  At this point, I just want the day to arrive.  Yet something still propels me from sleep in the wee hours of the morning.  Unfortunately, I feel like it is starting to take it's toll as I'm really tired and have been all day. 

It's Good Friday; the day the cross became Jesus' glory as He gave his life for us all; even those who had yet to be born, yet to sin.  But through Him and in Him, we are clean and because of His sacrifice all will rise again to spend eternity with Him. 

It still takes my breath away.



No comments:

Post a Comment