Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Fun to Steal Stuff


So as I woke up with a major headache that has not seen fit to go away, I stole this little meme from Lacy as I can't be bothered today to think up something to write about.

Why did you start your blog?

With the age of computers, I had totally gotten away from the whole pen and paper writing scene, but I had always kept journals.  I started out on Xanga actually, then went to Blogger and finally to my own domain name.  I blog because I love to write and have delusions that some people may even find what I have to say interesting on a good day.

How did you come up with your blog name?

Basically, I had just started learning to knit and was enthralled with blogs like Crazy Aunt Purl, and as old knitting ladies always had cats, well, there ya go.

Do your friends and family know about your blog?  What do they think of it?

My friends, yes and I think they enjoy it.  My family, I don't know if they all do or not.  I know a few who do and a few who read it regularly.  It makes it difficult in some ways because I really strive to not censor myself, because if I was putting pen to paper, I wouldn't censor it.  But then if someone in my family ticks me off, it's hard not to blog about it.  I kind of have to gage if I should blog the incident and also if I do blog it, how do I do so in a non-hurtful way.  Then again, if the incident hurt my feelings, I'm not really sure I always care about being completely non-hurtful in return, but I do strive for honesty always.

How do you write posts?

You know, I have no ritual or anything like that.  I often just write what is on my mind and sometimes it is competent and sometimes it is crap.  There are days I have a lot of trouble organizing my thoughts and other days when the words flow easily.  It just is what it is.

Have you ever had a troll or had to delete an unkind comment?

Yes.  The people were not trolls, but rather Christians posing as trolls who did not agree with what I plainly stated was my opinion.  I allowed the one comment to stand and addressed it and when there were more anonymous comments, I chose to delete them and moderate them for awhile.  If you can't put your name behind your nasty thoughts, don't expect me to allow them to stand on the little corner of cyberspace I pay for.  And that's all  have to say about that.

Do you check your stats?  Do you care how many people read your blog?  f you care, how do you increase traffic?

I do check my stats because I find it interesting to see how people get here.  Also, as very few readers tend to leave comments, I like trying to figure out who is reading me.  But just as a side note:  All bloggers love comments

What kind of blogs or posts interest you?

I am all about the funny and the sarcastic.  "Boobs, Injuries and Dr. Pepper" along with "Waiter Rant" are two of my favorite reads.  Besides the funny, I love people I can identify with, an example being the WLS peeps.  I love reading them.  Heartfelt is also good and I like REAL bloggers who are Christian.  When I say that, I say, that I am a Christian and I can do my share of cursing and complaining and even looking at things negatively.  But I find that real in so many people and it makes me identify with them.  Being Christian does not make us perfect, just forgiven.

What do you like and dislike about blogging?

I love putting stuff out there.  I love comments.  I love meeting other bloggers.  Dislike?  The only thing I can really think of is when I sign up for things like Blog365 and have days where I have no idea what to write.



No comments:

Post a Comment