Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stop the Insanity!


I have come to the conclusion that I may not make it till April 15th.

I want surgery NOW!   I am so weary of the waiting; waiting for six months of structured diet, waiting for the consult, waiting to do pre-approval appointments, waiting for insurance approval, waiting for a date.  Enough already!!  We are talking about the girl here, folks, who lacks in the patience department.  When I worked in Corporate America I used to positively hate it when a manager would walk by me and say "I need to talk to you later."  What was that about??  If you're going to tell me you're going to talk to me, then do it now, otherwise don't tell me until you have time!

This journey has been one big "later" and it is making me insane and it spills over into other parts of my life, making me feel impatient about little things that would normally not bother me.  Then, of course, there is the former smoker in me, who when anxious always lit up, so now instead, I'm putting the Twizzler people out of business.  Yup, red licorice is my new vice apparently though I think it is only marginally better for me than cigarettes.  Hey, it's fat free, but we won't talk about the sugar content.

I've been nesting up a blue streak; sorting things out, getting rid of stuff, cleaning, washing stuff.  Of course, one day in the hospital with the kids and the Brit getting ready to get out the door in the morning and it will probably look like a hurricane went through here, but at least for the moment it is giving me something to do and giving me some peace of mind.  It's a shame they can't give me the happy drugs at two weeks pre-op as they would probably be helpful to all involved.  If I become insane, just shoot me up, dude and it will all be good.

American Idol, gang!  Who are we liking??  This is the first season where I have far too many favorites!  I adore Brooke and Jason is so cute.  David Cook and David Archuletta are awesome and Carly has got an amazing set of pipes on her.  Michael is good as long as he sings Queen apparently, so we'll see what next week brings.

The next three to go for me?
Shayesha, Ramielle and Kristy.  The latter got an extra week for playing the patriotic card this week, so unless she plans on pulling out "God Bless America" next week, I think she will be the next to go.

Okay, I have been non-active long enough!  Time to go clean, organize and sort and work off more nervous energy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment