Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lasts and thinking out loud


I've been doing a lot of "lasts" the last few days.  

I, at last, removed myself from the Woman Within email list as I won't need any new fat clothes.  I'll be ebaying smaller sizes as I lose, or relying on hand-me-downs from folks.  Today, I had my last pre-op hair trim (how insane is this really?) and scheduled my last two manicures pre-op.   Tonight, I am going to color my hair for the last time until I am a post-op.  Yes, it is quite obvious I've lost my freakin' mind.

The Brit should have a date tomorrow, as Alice tried to get a hold of him today, and from there I will have to work out all the logistics again of kids etc.  I'll be so glad when the "life on hold" time period is over!  Can you believe there are only 31 days left???

I've also been nesting.  You gals know what that means.  Getting the nest ready for new arrivals or in this case, new post ops getting ready to begin new lives.  I've been doing some heavy duty cleaning as opposed to just the normal weekly dusting and vacuuming stuff.  This week I tackled the kitchen, cleaned out the fridge etc.  I still have to get out my little personal blender I bought on Black Friday because the price was so awesome (Man, when I bought that, surgery seemed MILES away and not even a definite!) and work out how to use it.  It's not a Magic Bullet but very similar and was highly recommended from a post-op off a message board.  Aaron dealt with the basement cleaning for the most part, I still have a few bits to do down there and the final thing will be the bedroom, which I won't do till the week before surgery.

 I still have some supplements to pick up, but other than that, I have most of the post-op foods other than the stuff that could go off between now and then.  Oh and who can recommend a good sugar free popsicle?  I'm wondering if the fudge ones are going to be too much to handle as I hear that things are often too sweet after surgery.

I still need to make Robyn a call list of who she needs to call once I'm out of surgery, but it isn't a long list.  Laura, definitely as she will be blogging my updates for me.  Lisa, who I'm thinking can get in touch with Shell and Kelly and then Paula, who can deal with things from the church perspective.  My mother and sister will be there, so they can handle the family stuff.

I've been working so far ahead as far as the church is concerned that it is almost amusing, especially considering all the extra work that already has to be done for Lent and Holy Week. I have bulletins pretty well finished up to mid-May, other than songs and announcements.  Next week, I will be working on April's newsletter so that I can handle May's newsletter at the beginning of April.

Now, here's a question and I'm trying to decide how I feel about it.  I told you my prayer group will be praying for me the night before surgery and our prayer group is pretty, really, extremely small with five of us.  I am very hesitant to be placed on the church's prayer list for a very petty reason.  Ya'll remember the history of PM, right?  Well, between PM and her crazy ex-husband, I just don't want them knowing anything.  Now, I know I may not be able to keep things a secret when the weight starts coming off, but I just want to put off any and all negativity for as long as I can.  She would be the one to say nasty, negative things about my having surgery.  Do I want the prayers?  Yes and I don't like the fact of holding out on my congregation either because we are so small and like a family,but I just don't want PM to know.  What I could do is to have my name added to the prayer list (the list I am referring to goes in the bulletin and could simply have my name with no explanation) not to appear until the Sunday after surgery. 

This probably sounds insane to you all.  It's just that this woman is just such a miserable person for some reason and can be so mean and I have so much horrible history with her.  I probably shouldn't care what she says or thinks as it would be a "consider the source" thing and everyone knows how she is.  But many people are not well versed on this surgery, so if she were to start spouting off her mouth, people could believe what she was saying (I'm just lazy, surgery is the easy way out...ya'll know the song) due to simply not knowing the facts.

What to do?

It's all pretty boring stuff to blog about, but I guess the bottom line is that I am trying to keep myself busy so that I don't have much if anything to really do the weekend and Monday before my surgery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment