Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another Weekend Down


Apparently normal bloggers take the weekend off, while we die-hard idiots who sign up for things like Blog 365 have to try to think of something intelligent to say on a Sunday evening after a very full day and a very full few days coming up.  However, I totally miss my bloggin' peeps on the weekend when they are out living their real lives

Today, we met with the youth on the Mission Trip and again I was reminded of how desperately I want to go.  Paula and the kids keep insisting that they are praying and thinking very good thoughts that it will happen but only time will tell.  So many things have to go my way in order for the trip to be possible, but we will see, one obstacle at at time, how it goes.  My surgery and recovery has to go well, the Brit's surgery and recovery has to go well, the grandparents have to be able to take the kids for the week, and last but not least, there has to be a space made for me in a completely booked week with Youthworks.  I would have to be able to get special permission from them to be able to go at this point as there are no more available slots.   I also know that just like surgery, if God wants me to go, I'll go as He can make a way out of no way. 

The Brit left today for another business trip, so the kids and I are on our own for a few days (other than our savage and nasty pitbulls and Bullmastiffs, of course, who guard our home and will rip apart anyone who tries to enter that we have not invited).  I already have the ingredients for a beef stew ready to be turned on tomorrow, so I can cook it and get it ready for freezing.  If I can get about four or five meals ready to go, I'll be happy as it will buy me some feeling better time after I get home.

I was reading the reviews I posted the link for about my surgeon yesterday and read where one woman got to go home the next day as she was doing so well!  I can only hope!  I'm kind of dreading the hospital experience as I doubt I will have a room to myself and I know how nosy hospitals can be.  So, though I'm not going to bank on being released the next day, it would certainly be a welcome surprise were it to happen.

Okay, I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing the rest of the night asI have lots to do the next few days!  Hope your weekend was delightful!



No comments:

Post a Comment