Friday, March 7, 2008

Walk for Life


I really need to start watching the news more as important things are happening and I am finding out about them in the blog world. 

Patrick Swayze has cancer.  This totally bums me out and makes me undeniably sad.  "Ghost" goes down as one of my favorite movies of all time.  That penny going up the door frame still brings me to tears every time I see it.  I'm praying for Patrick that he defies the odds and beats this thing.

I hate cancer with a passion.  It took my dad from me and my best friend battled it almost two years ago.  Cancer is probably the greatest fear in my life and though we have come miles in treatment and in what we know about it, we still have so far to go. 

I am involved in Relay for Life for the second year and am hoping that despite surgery in April, I will still be able to do some walking for it by the end of May.  Relay was an experience that blew me away last year and made me desire to become more involved this year.  I am assisting with their Faith Based participation which involves getting the churches to register teams.  You can find my Relay page here and if you so desire, you can make a donation online to Relay.  Cancer has probably touched all of in one way or another and it is only together that we can find a cure.  Thank you for your help.

In other news, the Brit got his surgery approval today!!!  YAY!  Not sure yet if he has a date as he is not yet home, but Alice should be calling him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment