Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mama's gettin' a new tub!






I am so excited (and currently a little nervous as godaddy is malfunctioning a wee bit)!  When we moved into this house close to six years ago now, other than the whacked out kitchen, the only thing I didn't love was the bathroom, primarily the tub and tiles.  The tiles are this wretched blue and the tub was just horrible...not pretty and clean, but okay.  The more scrubbing I have done on this stupid tub over the years, the uglier it has become until it has been a constant source of embarrassment for me.  I keep a pretty clean house and when it looks like I'm neglecting my bathroom, well,that just doesn't do it for me.

We called someone in a few months ago to get an estimate and their prices were high and to get a lower price, I had to give up things I really wanted.  By the end of the meeting, we were not prepared to make a decision right then and there and the salesman sakeskid was about ready to cry.  He kept saying "But I don't understand..."  Dude, cut me a break!  We're talking a lot of money here and I'm giving up specific things I want to even be able to afford you!

So tonight, we finally met with ReBath and got the price we wanted with the features we wanted!  I am so excited!  No more dingy looking tub, ma peeps!  I've wanted this for a long time, but I even wanted it more once I knew I was having surgery.  Why?  Because baths are right now, not that comfortable and there are just times in the winter or after a hard day that I long to soak in a hot tub.  So soon, not only will I not have to worry about getting my butt out of a tub, but I will have a nice purty new tub to soak in!  I'll take before and after shots for ya'll so you can see it once it's finished!

American Idol!  We're now at the top 12!  Is this season going by fast or what?  I was a little bummed tonight to see Danny and Asia'h go home!  I would have preferred to see David Hernandez and Amanda Overmyer hit the road.  David, I have never liked, and though I don't think Danny is the best singer, dang if he don't make me laugh!  You have to understand, I have done a TON of community theater in my adult life and you find gay men in theater, so I have had many gay boy friends who just crack me up!  Married now, with kids, I don't have time for theater and have lost touch with many of them, but Danny made me laugh and brought back lots of good memories.  Sorry to see you go, dog!  Amanda is just too one dimensional for me.  She has a great voice for the kind of songs she is able to sing, but she's a one trick pony and I've gotten bored.  I loved Asia'h and will really miss her.  What a brave little chickie to audition only two days after her dad passed away unexpectedly and what a great voice!

Oh well, the show must go on.



No comments:

Post a Comment