Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ready to Rock n Roll



 I'm thinking that tomorrow would be a really great time to have my surgery because the last few days I have come to the startling realization that I am sick. of.food. 

I have been in Last Supper Syndrome for so long now that nothing appeals to me anymore and I'm thinking that not being able to eat much for quite some time will be a huge relief. 

I spent today washing the kid's bedding and running errands, picking up more protein powder and even snuck in a tiny nap...very tiny, but nonetheless.  The Brit leaves on a business trip tomorrow for a few days, so what is on my agenda for that time is to clean our room top to bottom and prepare some meals for freezing as when he is not home, the kids I eat easy stuff, so it won't feel like I'm cooking additional meals.

And in the event that anyone has any concerns, you can read all sorts of reviews on my surgeon here.  I had read them before, but now at T minus 16 days nearly, I revisited them again today just to remind myself of how confident I am with my choice.

I still get moments of nerves and am still awake at 3:00am about every other night, but I consider that fairly normal.  All in all, I am simply anxious and just want the day to arrive.  This Friday is my anesthesiologist appointment and Shelley is riding down with me as I hate to drive to the city period, and hate it even more alone.  It'll be nice to spend some time with her as I haven't seen her much of late, and we're thinking lunch and maybe a detour to a yarn store might be in order.  I'm even looking forward to that appointment because it just feels one step closer!



No comments:

Post a Comment