Saturday, March 1, 2008

I have a PL-.


We'll see who gets the title

I am such an incredible planner.  I don't mean I'm good at it; what I mean by "incredible" is that it is another one of my obsessions.  So with 45 days left until surgery, I am working on what I want or need to do before then.  You girls who have gone before, can spot check me to see what I'm missing.

Things I still need to buy:



  • Calcium Citrate Chewables

  • Iron

  • Vitamin B-12

  • Sugar-Free Popsicles

(Note: I already have my chewable multi-vitamin and I just ordered my protein powder, with great fear in my heart, I may add.)


Things I need to take to the hospital



  • Robe

  • Ipod

  • Slippers

  • Chapstick

  • Lotion

  • Toothbrush and paste

  • Pillow for bed and the ride home

  • Journal

  • Loose clothing for trip home

Things I want to get done before April 15th



  • Finish cleaning basement

  • Cook and freeze meals for the Brit and the kids (Lisa is helping me with freezable yet yummy recipes)

  • All laundry caught up and clean sheets on bed

  • House clean

  • Make sure we have plenty of cat, guinea and fish food

  • Stock up on needed groceries

  • Have a call list for Robyn (who is coming to the hospital with us) and have someone lined up to blog for me for the two days I am in the hospital

  • Have folks lined up to intercept my kids after school on the 15th and 16th (Volunteers are needed if anyone is DYING to do this.  Kelly, I know you offered to do that one day, but is 3:50 too early for you to be here?)

(Note: I need a volunteer to blog for me.  I can teach you how to do it, but because I am a die hard Blog365 participant, I can't let a little thing like major surgery cause me to blow it.  Also, who wants a call that day after I am out of surgery and all is well?)


So there is the list as it stands right now.  What is missing?  What have I forgotten?

 It nearly killed me to not blog yesterday; in fact, I tried to blog but the thing locked up on me!  Must have been a sign.

The Brit is leaving for NY tomorrow as he has a meeting to attend on Monday.  He wanted the kids and I to come along, but I decided not for a couple of reasons.  First off, I hate the kids missing school because without notifying them early that we are taking them out, we would have to say they were sick and I don't like setting the kids up for that.  If they did anything fun while we were in NY, I don't think they would feel like they could talk about it at school.  The other thing is that we are in one of the two busiest seasons of my job.  Though it seems we just came out of Advent, we are now approaching the end of Lent and Holy Week, which means three extra bulletins for me.  Add to that the fact that I have to go to court on Wednesday, two hours away and that would be three days for me to miss this week, thus making the last two days of the week a living nightmare for me. 

Court? You ask.  Yes.  In August of 2006, the Brit and I went to Canada for our anniversary.  Upon our return home, it was discovered that some dirtbag had stolen my rear license plate.  So, we called the police and filed a report and I had to go to the dreaded MVA to get new tags.  End of story, or so I thought.  Fast forward to November of 2007 (the police around this state aren't real quick apparently) and the dirtbag was pulled over for a traffic violation and he was STILL DRIVING AROUND ON MY TAGS that he had stolen fifteen months before.  So, I get to be in court on Wednesday morning, in Oakland to testify that my tags were stolen.  Insanity.





No comments:

Post a Comment