Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Growing List


I really need to find my motivation this month.  My eating has been horrible; bad choices and more or less a free for all.  I need to spend March preparing for surgery.  Trying to do some kind of exercise, eating better in order to shrink my liver, taking longer to eat by chewing more.  All things that will make for a safe surgery and easier recovery. 

I'm hoping to walk tomorrow because rumor has it that it is going to be 66 degrees!  But I really need to get new walking shoes.  The ones I have are well over a year old and are killing my feet, so I may make a side trip to the shopping center after work first.  The problem is that I have a killer heel spur in my right heel that has been incredibly painful since the summer ended.  The reason for that is that I hate shoes in warm weather and if I have to wear them, I prefer sandals, which of course, don't give much arch support.  I know I should always wear sneakers until surgery hopefully remedies the spur issues, but well, you know how it is.  What's the joy of a pedicure if you wear sneakers all the time?

I'm going to start making a list of things I want to be able to achieve with weight loss and I'm going to add to it here as I think of new things.  Then maybe in a year, I'll post the whole thing and we'll see where we are.  Some of the stuff may be really, really simple and stuff that other people just take for granted because they have always been able to do these things.  Some of the things I have done before but can no longer do and I look forward to getting back to them.  So, here we go!



  • Be able to bend over comfortably to tie my shoes

  • Take baths

  • Sit on the floor without having to worry about how to get back up.

  • Be able to lie on my stomach without my boobs asphyxiating me.

  • Running up and down the steps instead of barely making it.

  • Get rid of my CPAP machine!  (Cannot wait for this one!)

  • Buying clothes in a normal store

  • To be able to fit comfortably into my car seatbelt and to not have to use an extender on an airplane

  • Booths at restaurants

  • To be able to cross my legs

  • To be able to sit Indian style (I so miss that)

  • To be able to take my kids to amusement parks and ride the rides with them!

  • To go dancing again

  • Horseback riding

  • Bicycle riding

  • Shop at Victoria's Secret (so I can find out what the big secret is!)

  • To not have lower back pain every morning

  • To actually have a napkin in a my lap be useful (as opposed to my boobs catching all the food)

  • To have a really short haircut!

  • To get out of the back of a car gracefully

  • To not mind having my picture taken!

  • Actually looking cute in overalls!

  • To not have to deal with the innuendos relatives make about my size

  • To have lots of energy

  • To feel normal for the first time in my life

Oh and the position of fill in blogger has been taken by Laura!  Thank you!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment