Tuesday, March 25, 2008

T Minus Three Weeks


 Can you believe it?  Three weeks from now, surgery will all be over and I should be walking the halls at Hopkins Bayview.  I'm pretty jazzed about it right now, but when I am writing "T Minus One Week", I'm sure I'll be ready to hurl.

I did not start any cooking stuff to freeze yesterday, as I figured with the Brit away for a few days next week, that would be a great time to get that underway.  I did yesterday take a bunch of photos for upcoming eBay clothing sales and I still have more to do as I am nothing if not prepared.  I hate having to rush around at the last minute preparing for anything.  Nope, I prefer it all being accomplished in advance.  Heck, I had to stop myself from starting to pack my hospital bag yesterday as I thought that might be overkill.

Interestingly enough, the Brit and I were at lunch on Friday with Paula and her two teenage sons (two of my favorite teenagers in the world) and Kirk, her oldest who is in college, said "You're going to miss my scene show."  He wants to be a doctor, but is minoring in music and theater, and his first show is coming up.  When I asked him when it was, he told me it was April 18th, the day after I should be released from the hospital.  The Brit seemed intent on him reserving me a seat, despite my feeling a little skeptical, so we'll see how it goes.  Paula would drive, so no need for me to, as I don't think I'll be permitted to for awhile (what is the deal with that post-op girls?  Can we drive or not?).  The college is about two hours away, and I'll be sitting for the show.  What do my post-op peeps think?  There is no charge for tickets, so if I can't go, I just call Paula and tell her not to pick me up, but I really hate to miss it.  Guess I'll just have to play it by ear and see how it goes.

It's hard, because I just don't know what to expect from myself as a brand new post-op.  I have no other surgeries as an adult to compare to, so it's all a bit of a waiting game. 

I just so want to get to the other side.



No comments:

Post a Comment