Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blissfully lovely day


First off, Friday Night Lights has been a blast so far.  Last night we had not only Tod and Robyn from the 1st week but Lisa and Phil as well.  There were veggie munchies and S'mores and lots of conversation and laughs.  If you are bored one of the remaining nights in May, stop over anytime after 7:30!

Today was a girl's day out with Robyn, Lisa and Kelly, so we went into Shepherdstown and had lunch at Kazu Thai and Japanese Cuisine.  I, of course, had sushi and some edamane, which I also adore.  Then we did a little window and not window shopping.  I picked up some crytal deodorant that Lisa had been using for two years, as well as a few sticks of Burt's Bees lip stuff.  Kelly had recently discovered that chap stick and the like had alcohol and all other sorts of crap that dries out your lips which is why I am unable to be without it, ever and have been that way for years!  So the natural stuff will hopefully remedy the problem.  Also grabbed some scone mix, which does not comply with my no-carbs thing. 

We then went to a nursery so Lisa and Kelly could purchase some flowers for their gardens.  I can't plant yet with leaving for England in just over two weeks and I don't want to leave poor Robyn to try to grow a garden on her own, so we'll be doing some late planting in July. 

Then back to Kelly's just for some chat time (not that we hadn't talked all day, but you girls know how it is).  Very pleasant day with excellent company!

I am looking forward to my hair and nail appointment on Tuesday!  I'm anxious to hack off the hair and my nails are looking a little crappy. 

Hope you are all having a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. You know what else is in some brands of lip stuff?! Little tiny pieces of glass... so that it roughs up your lips and makes you dependent on the stuff. Can you believe that?! Seriously... what exactly is the FDA here for?! I learned that when I took my classes for BeautiControl a couple of years ago. CRAZY!

    The day out with the girls sounds lovely - I'm ready for one of those myself.

    ReplyDelete