Friday, May 22, 2009

Healthy Dose was Wednesday this week, Ya'll


And simply because I got nothing healthy to talk about tonight.

I had gone to Walmart today to beat the Memorial Day rush in grocery shopping and on my way home, we have two lanes on a one way road.  Up ahead of me, I could see a police car was blocking the right lane, so I got into the left lane and then slowed down to a near stop to allow the poor unfortunate guy in the right lane who had been in front of me, over into the left lane as there was a steady stream of cars behind me.  I figured someone needed to be nice and let this dude over.  As I slowed to let him over, the OLD MAN behind me HONKED his horn at me!  This was not a highway...this is a 30 MPH road through town.  I'll tell ya, common courtesy isn't dead in Hagerstown, but it sure is struggling!

I had to run out to the mall today to have my mother-in-law's necklace fixed; well, the necklace I inherited from her last month.  It's a Maltese Cross and I dearly love it, and the little gold ring that holds the cross to the chain broke the other night.  There is a little jeweler dude at the mall who does repairs, so I left it with him for half an hour and then had a mall stroll.  Wandered into one of my favorite stores to find huge sale!  Their clothing usually runs anywhere from 39.50-49.50 per item, so needless to say, I don't buy anything until it is way reduced, but today I got two zip up vests thingies; one for 6.99 and one for 9.99!  Holy crap!  Had never walked out of that store with two items and a total of $18 spent before.  It was magical.

Tonight is Friday Night Lights, so I'm excited to see who shows.  It's been lots of fun the last few weeks and I'll be sad to end it for a month in June! 

To you bloggers who don't frequent the internets on weekends and/or holidays, hope you have a happy and more importantly SAFE, LONG weekend!

Love ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment