Saturday, May 9, 2009

Where for Art Thou?


Today was blissfully busy with errands and things to do.  My favorite kind of Saturday really. Breakfast, Mother's Day shopping, a car show (for the guys.  Mom and I sat on a bench and talked) then The Christmas Tree Shop, Lowes, lunch, hanging out on the deck, snack stuff for dinner.  Just a pretty perfect day.

Last night was our first Friday Night Lights deck gathering and Robyn and Tod both came!  It was very cool.  We just around the fire and chatted and drank wine for a few hours, then Tod needed to go to Walmart at like 11:00, so I went with him so we could view all the scary people.  Yes, we are simple down here in Hagerspatch.  I bought myself a straw cowboy type hat which I freaking LOVE and I wore it all day today.  Plan on wearing it tomorrow too.  It's awesome or at least I think so.

I'll show you my Mama's Day gift tomorrow on the official day.  Though I love to be surprised, often when it comes to earrings, I'd rather pick them myself.  I love dangly ones with stones of some sort especially.  So when going to my favorite store for jewelry in general, I found a pair of earrings with a matching necklace in PINK SEA GLASS.  Like two of my favorite things!  Pink and the ocean!  It was kismet!  There are way more earrings in the store than on the site and as the clerk said, they try to get in different things from other stores and I think they generally succeed!  Love their jewelry and it is reasonably priced and of good quality.

So, happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there and all the moms yet to be!  Hope you have a great day tomorrow!  And don't forget Friday nights in May here! 





No comments:

Post a Comment