Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tired and on fire


Today was our youth car wash from 11-2 and dang, it was a bit warm!  My arms now resemble a lobster-type color as does my nose and I have some heat rash on my legs.  Hoping things will be a bit faded by tomorrow!

We did not make as much money as I would have liked us to, but I suppose the economy is affecting even car washes.  The funds go to the mission trip at the end of June, but the kids still have one more car wash next month, so hopefully that one will do better.  We made around $200 today, which while not awful, compared to last year where we made $500....you see where I'm coming from.

As we are kidless this weekend (they are with their great-grandparents) The Brit and I went out for sushi tonight and then to see "Angels and Demons" which I very much enjoyed.  I had not read the book, so don't know how the movie compared, but from my standpoint, I really liked it.

Tomorrow after church we are going to the DC Fish Market, just for something to do.  We've never been before and as we like to explore, well there you have it.  So excited that I still have two whole days off work and then only 7 days to work before we are off to England!

Hope you all are having a great holiday weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I liked Angels & Demons too! It was better than I expected, and I like all the twists in the plot!

    DaVinci code was entertaining but harder to get into for me because I don't believe Jesus had a child... but with Angels & Demons, the "artistic license" is taken with the Catholic church, not Jesus himself, so it didn't bother me in the least! :)

    ReplyDelete