Monday, March 1, 2010

Ah Monday, Why Can't We Be Friends?


So apparently, Godaddy decided to eat half of my blog submission, which really ticks me off because it is my bedtime and because I am semi-anal, I have to fix this because it looks like a half assed blog entry!

First off, I did change the name of the blog, though the URL remains the same.  This little corner of the blogospere started out as a knitting blog.  Though I still like to knit when I have time, knitting isn't really what the blog is about and hasn't been about in quite some time.  Now, when people are Googling, someting like "Blogs about running" or "Blogs about health", knitten kittens doesn't do much to lead them here.  I have given this a lot of thought and Saturday, took the plunge.

The weekend was really good.  No kids, so Friday night we went out for Indian food.  I decided to be adventureous and ordered something new: chicken and spinach:


 If you have never experienced Indian food, I highly recommend it.  Not all spicy, and you can order most things that are spicy, as non.  Also lots of vegetarian dishes for meatless friends.

Saturday, we picked up mom and journeyed to Costco for our quarterly meat run.  Buying meat in bulk is the only way to go.  Then we hit Gabriel Brothers.  Great store!  We got four hoodies for the kids, two pairs of workout pants for me, a golf shirt for The Brit, four bags of Quaker Rice cakes (which I pay $3 a bag for at Walmart.  .99 cents at Gabriel's!), two bags of combos and a large storage container for $40!  Can't beat that, baby!

Then we went to lunch, where the service was so bad we got it for free:


The Brit and mom before the suck was turned up on the service.

Then after dropping mom off, we hit some pawn shops, looking for an MP3 player for oldest son and on the way, we found a great representation of our little town:


I don't know what is "Comming" soon, but I would be wary of the education level of the employees.

Sunday, was church and I ran another 1.5 miles here at home on my new treadmill.  Dang, I love having one.  Then it was dinner with Paula, Dane, PK and Molly which was much fun.

Monday at work was busy.  And then there are the peanut butter eggs the Parish Life committee at church has made which are like chocolate covered sex.  Holy crap. All bad.

Went shopping with Tod this afternoon which is always enjoyable.  One of the few men in my life who actually likes to shop as much as I do. Then home for dinner cooking and treadmill walking and tonight is finally over.  I have lots to do at work tomorrow and then kickboxing tomorrow.  It can only get closer to Friday from here.  Oh and all my friends are back home where they belong; Em and Dave have returned from their cruise and I think Kelly is back from California.  I miss them on Facebook when they are not around!



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, shopping with Tod is fun, we went Saturday night...but I BUY things when I am shopping! LOL

    ReplyDelete