Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ending the Night With Stresssssss


Yeah, I totally am, ergo, time to blog.

I'm debating running tomorrow.  Today would have been my run day but it is my kickboxing day and doing both on the same day would be suicide.  However, running tomorrow might be painful because of kickboxing tonight.  I just hate to get way off my self-imposed training schedule.  Tod seems to think I should do one more 1.5 run and then up it to two miles.  He seems to think that the hardest part of running is breaking that first mile, which I have done, and that after that, a runner can advance more quickly.  I'll let you know if that myth is true or busted.

My To Do list is growing in leaps and bounds.  I still have to study and pass my bus driving tests.  I want to paint the bathroom.  I need to touch up painting some woodwork around here.  I am dying to get outside to do some work out there and rumor has it the temps should be in the 50s this weekend.  I can but hope.  I have also promised JJ to do away with his bunk this weekend to give him just a single bed, which means cleaning up his room.  And I have two...TWO birthday parties on Saturday; one in the afternoon and one in the evening.  Grrrr.  The one in the afternoon was supposed to have been earlier so I'm iffy on that one, but would still like to make an appearance.

I am currently struggling with too much munching.  There.  I said it. I bought jelly beans...I have that thing for chewy stuff.  Jimnotmike, I did find those veggie straws at Costco...Yum.  My rule simply needs to be not to succumb to buying something thinking I will just nibble a few, like jellybeans....or peanut butter eggs; thank you Parish Life committee for those little gems.  I simply don't have the self control to have these things in my possession.  There is no "little bit" in Kimland.  My mother offered to buy us milkshakes the other day and I refused mine, tho I had a few sips of someone else's.  If I had one to myself I would have drank the whole thing obviously.  I KNOW ME!  So beings I know me so well, I need to listen to what I know about me and stop thinking I am able to control myself in the face of sugary crapola.  There is no benefit in that food for me and again, I know this.  So, no more buying it.  I am learning to just say "NO!"  And you know what else is weird?  Since my surgery, I occasionally get this hypoglycemic episodes where my sugar plummets.  The weird part is that every time I eat something high in sugar, like jellybeans....an hour later, my sugar tanks.  I don't know anything about the chemistry of why that would be so.  Anyone know?



3 comments:

  1. I know why your sugar tanks. Sugar, is the first thing your body eats up when you ingest it. So very little of it makes it into your blood stream. Your body doesn't store sugar. So you chow down on your jelly beans and your body laps up the sugar and you are left with nothing. So then you crave more sugar and eat more Jelly Beans and that is how a person gets fat without even knowing it. Because, once your body gets it's sugar fix it stores all that extra sugar as F-A-T. That is why Low Carb works. Your body doesn't have the sugar to binge on, so it has to eat your fat stores instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the same question to ym doctor and here's the reason why that happens. You eat sugar and your body releases insulin. The sugar isn't all diegsted because your pouch dumps some immediately. You don't necessarily have to have physical symptoms of the dumping, your pouch just passes it through really fast. So now, all this insulin is looking for the sugar that the blood stream does not have. And now your body thinks you are hypoglycemic.

    My doc said to keep some little hard candies around for those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. I can relate well to this. Like you, I was also having a hard time lately that causes me a stressful day ahead. Oh my.. :(

    ReplyDelete