Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Have to Ask....


 Because I am so READY!

This morning, my ten year old comes out of his bedroom with a green, puffy jacket on that has just been handed down from the teenager. 

JJ: I have one question.

I watch as he puts his hands on his hips and gives me a pointed look, then says without so much as cracking a grin, "Does this make me look fat?"

He slays me, I swear.  He is so damn funny.

I met Tod for a walk tonight and as he approached me at the top of the park, he says, "You look so skinny!"

To which I replied, "Yeah, well, I have not lost a damn pound!"

And I haven't.  But still an awesome compliment.  Still, I hunger for that 199 on the scale.  Longest plateau of my life as we are going on a year now.

The Church Lady is on my last nerve this week, reeking havoc wherever she goes and stirring the shit pot to the point where I am trying to come up with a way to not be present tomorrow when she comes in to run the bulletins.  I swear, were it not for her, the VOLUNTEER, my job would contain like no stress at all.  She causes all of it.  Ugh.  Annoying.

So what do you all think of this? 

I certainly don't think it is a bad idea at all, but like one commenter stated, movie popcorn twice a month is not responsible for the obesity epidemic.  But even with that being said, I hate going anywhere that I don't have a healthy alternative to choose for food.  When the options are Crap and Crap, it annoys me.  Sure, I could say "nah" and just not get anything at the movies, but I have trouble saying "nah" to popcorn as it is just part of going to the movies (but reading that eating it is the equivalent of 6 McDonald's cheeseburgers will probably help me resist temptation going forward).  I always sneak in my own Crystal Light water because I am not paying $5 for a bottle of water.  They can bite me.  So if it happens, kudos to Sony!  It is minimally a step in the right direction and maybe more institutions will follow in their footsteps.

So what do you all want to know about for Thursday Thirteen tomorrow?  I like this meme once a week but some weeks I have no freaking clue what kind of list to do.  Suggestions?

Running outside tomorrow.  Wish me luck!



2 comments:

  1. I don't always do Thursday 13 either. Not sure if I'll do it this week. I have nothing. Not sure if I can ramble for 13 statements this morning. Heck maybe I'll try.

    good luck on running outside. You'll do fine! :)

    Oh. We usually don't get anything at the movie theater to eat. Too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit a nasty plateau right about the 200-pound mark. I swear I was convinced it was psychological. You'll get through it, though!

    ReplyDelete