Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kickboxing Tuesdays


This is by far my favorite workout of the week.� I love this class and he is teaching again on Thursday, so I have to work out dinner for the men so I can get myself there before Praise band rehearsal.� I hate to miss a Jack class and again, the fun of exercising with other people is awesome, so much so that I started asking names tonight.� There are a handful of women I talk to each week and tonight I was like "What is your name?� It is important that I know that."� So I now know Jo and Rod and Carin with a C and I know my MIA tonight buddy is Teresa.� It is just so much fun to interact and laugh while still sweating my ass off, but the interaction distracts me from thinking about how tired I might be or whatever.� So all good.



Jimnotmike, I have to say that I like Jamie and that if Rachel Rae or worse yet, Alton Brown were doing it, I'd have to shoot myself in the ear or not watch "Food Revolution".� I had never given Jamie Oliver much thought but watching him in the premiere was quite moving.� And watching the clip I posted yesterday was moving.� And he is doing something that no American chef has stepped up the plate to do.� Are there things in it for him?� Of course.� But I am still pleased as punch that someone is using the platform of their career to do something to hopefully further the health of America.� I know Jim is too; it is just a matter of preference-kind of like me with Jack McFarland and J, the Thursday night kickboxing instructor who makes me want to kick the crap out of her.� She has done nothing to me, but she just rubs me the wrong way.� But she is still doing good things for people; I just can't bear to be around her.



So tomorrow, I run.� Thursday, I am hoping to kickbox and then another run on Friday.� I have still not gone above two miles and don't feel ready to do so.� But yet, how will I know?� Will I just suddenly know at the end of two miles that I can do more?� Should I chose a day and try to push it to 2.5?� My long term goal is 3.5 miles; a 5k, and I don't really care if it takes another four months to get there.� But how will I know when it is time to advance again?�




3 comments:

  1. Rachael Rae makes me want to shank myself...her voice makes my ears bleed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Ok...I love what he's doing, I just don't love him. And how can you hate on Alton Brown??? He's so esoteric I love him! I love that he just doesn't show you the how...he shows you the why of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you like cardio kickboxing workout too? Same here! Nice blog overall.

    ReplyDelete